So… have you finished your Christmas shopping? Is everything wrapped and under the tree? Or have you just looked at your calendar and thought blimey, is it only a week away I’d better get cracking? (pun intended!).
If you fall into the latter category – I um may actually be in that category – here are some nifty ideas for presents for the writer in your life.
Up to £10
- Novelty pens/mugs with writing quotes.
- USB drives for backing up work.
- Reference books such as Thesaurus or Book of Baby Names (handy for naming characters)
- Books about writing or inspiring writing quotes.
£15 to £60
- Book vouchers. (One of the best Christmas presents I ever got was a voucher to buy books from an ‘online book store’. It kept me going all year.)
- External hard drive for backing up work.
- Subscription to Writers’ Forum (£38 for 12 issues)
- A one hour mentoring session with Della Galton. (Special Christmas Voucher can be provided). (£30).
- A four week course of evening classes in Gillingham Dorset. 7th Jan, 14 Jan, 21 Jan, 28 Jan. 4 x 2 hour sessions. (£34).
- A one day course on Saturday 12 January in Gillingham Dorset. Write a Short Story in a Day. (£45).
£60 to £150
- Ergonomic chair.
- New desk.
- New laptop!
- Or if you really want to push the boat out, why not buy your writer a week in a writing retreat, or a writing holiday, (some weekend suggestions below) or even his/her very own writing shed.
- Weekend writing course at Fishguard, Pembrokeshire. 15th to 17th February, 2019. (£249). Click here for more details.
- Weekend writing course at Cirencester, 12th to 14th April, 2019. (£255). Click here for more details
For any of my courses please email me HERE for more details. Please state name of course for which you would like details.
Happy Last Minute Shopping!
All best wishes