1. Talent is not as important as authenticity.
2. Editing makes it perfect but raw is sometimes better. Don’t polish out the sparkle.
3. The best way to find your voice is to write more.
4. What comes from the heart goes to the heart. If the author feels it when she writes it – the reader will feel it when she reads it.
5. Write what you are passionate about, but don’t preach.
6. Never forget we are in the entertainment business.
7. The question should be not, what can I sell to this market? but what can I give to this market?
8. Without character, plot is nothing.
9. Life is the stuff of which novels are made. You have to live it to write it.
10. Never give up. You may be only one rejection from that book deal.